Disneyland sent an email on Monday, Aug. 2 to Legacy Passholders saying that the wait is almost over and that former annual passholders will soon have the option of a new membership program.
“As one of our biggest fans, we wanted to make sure you were the first to know about this new offering,” according to the email to Legacy Passholders. “We are thrilled about this coming announcement and we encourage you to stay tuned because all the details will be revealed tomorrow no earlier than 1 p.m. PST.”
We now have the details of that program.
The pricing of the New Magic Key program is as follows:
This four-tiered system will not include a payment plan which was included in previous Disneyland Annual Passholder programs.
The new Disneyland Magic Keys will go on sale beginning August 25. A monthly payment plan exclusively for California residents* will be offered—which continues to be a priority for our guests of Disneyland Resort. Magic Key passes start as low as $399 or $19/month for 12 months**** (for Southern California residents, and after down payment).
When Disney announced the retirement of the previous Annual Passholder program they stated,
“I know that sunsetting the Annual Passport program will be disappointing to many of our passholders who are just as anxious as we are to reopen our gates and welcome guests back when the time is right. But we are also very excited about what’s ahead. We plan to use this time while we remain closed to develop new membership offerings that will utilize consumer insights to deliver choice, flexibility and value for our biggest fans.”Disneyland Resort President Ken Potrock
Here is everything we know about the new program.
Each Magic Key holder must have a theme park reservation in addition to a valid Magic Key pass in order to access the park. Park reservations are not guaranteed, subject to availability, public health orders, and applicable pass blockout dates.
Magic Key pass blockout dates and admission dates that can be visited with a park reservation will vary by pass type and theme park. Additionally, park reservations may not be available on select holidays for certain theme parks. Park reservations for select dates and parks may be made available on a rolling basis. Check for updated availability. A Magic Key pass does not guarantee admission or access to any experience, attraction or offering or to park entry.
Magic Key holders who have a park reservation for both theme parks may cross over and switch between parks on the same day beginning at 1:00 PM. Please check the Park Hours calendar and the Disneyland app for the most up-to-date Park Hopper hours, as they could start earlier at a later date, depending on the day and park. Magic Key holders who have a park reservation for both parks must enter the first park as designated in their park reservation prior to visiting the other park. At this time, a park reservation is not required after visiting the first park; however, reservation requirements are subject to change. Please note that the ability to visit the other park will be subject to that park’s capacity limitations.
Some Magic Key benefits and features may not be available during periods of limited capacity and are subject to change or cancellation without notice. Certain attractions, restaurants, experiences, services and other offerings may be modified or unavailable, have limited capacity and may be subject to limited availability or even closure. Offerings are not guaranteed.
Magic Key Holders will have access to special benefits as well, including:
- Magic Key terrace: a re-imagined reservation-based lounge just for Magic Key holders and their friends and family
- Magic Key Holder Month: a month-long celebration of Magic Key holders
- Special Experiences & Collectibles: access exciting, unique experiences and collectible keepsakes designed with you in mind—including special offerings during festivals!
- First Access Opportunities: be among the first to have the opportunity to access exciting new offerings at the Disneyland Resort throughout the year, including select new merchandise collections
- Downtown Disney District: discounts at participating locations Magic Key Merchandise, Novelties, Menu Items and More: Show your Magic Key pride! Opportunity to purchase Magic Key holder-themed popcorn buckets, sippers and menu items throughout the year.
- Magic Key Disney PhotoPass Opportunities: enjoy special photo spots and other opportunities sprinkled in throughout the year.
- Magic Key embroidery: special options available for Magic Key holders at select locations in the park
Here are the blackout dates for the new Magic Key program: