All the details for Disney’s Halloween Event.
We won’t try to hide our disappointment that Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party won’t be happening this year. We love the character meet and greets, the shows, the fireworks, the parade… we love the whole event. BUT! Disney is giving us something.
Very similar to last year’s festivities, Disney is bringing us “Disney After Hours Boo Bash”.
The event will take place on 23 select nights beginning August 10. The last event will be on Halloween night itself, October 31.
This extra ticketed event runs from 9 pm to midnight and like extra-ticketed events in the past, a traditional park ticket will not gain you entry to this event. Guests must purchase a special ticket for this specific event on the specific night you attend in order to participate. Guests with these special tickets but not a park ticket for that day can gain entry to Magic Kingdom at 7 pm, 2 hours before the party starts.
- Special cavalcades will pop up sporatically throughout the night including “Mickey’s Happy Halloween Cavalcade,” with Mickey Mouse and friends dressed in their adorable Halloween costumes. In the “Disney Villains Halloween Cavalcade,” villains will take to the street and celebrate their favorite time of the year. “Jack’s Nightmare Cavalcade” will feature Jack Skellington, Sally and Oogie Boogie riding down the parade path to “This is Halloween,” and… we are so excited about this one! Maleficent will also make an appearance in the form of a fire-breathing dragon.
- Some of your favorite friends will be lurking about – from the lovely Miss Carlotta at the Haunted Mansion to Goofy and Chip ‘n’ Dale in their Halloween best, with other surprise characters popping up across the park, too. You can even stop and listen to the Cadaver Dans during their special comeback (from the dead) performance.
- Unlike past years, there will be select complimentary snacks like ice cream novelties and popcorn, along with select beverages, are included in the cost of the event. This has never been the case for the holiday events, only for the Disney Vacation Club After Hours events.
- Attractions will remain open with lower crowds. Some of the attractions that can be experienced are Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Haunted Mansion attraction, Jungle Cruise, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Dumbo the Flying Elephant, Peter Pan’s Flight, Space Mountain and more.
- A variety of specialty food and drinks will be available for purchase including an Apple Ginger Dale frozen drink (frozen apple cider mixed with ginger ale and topped with whipped cream) and a Foolish Mortal Funnel Cake.)**
- Disney PhotoPass will also be available to take your magical and spooky shots throughout the night.
Guests are invited to come in costume for the event and there will be trick-or-treating around the park. Costume masks are not permitted for adults; they can only be worn by children under 14. Before you arrive for the “Disney After Hours Boo Bash” event, please check our Know Before You Go page and Costume Policy for the most up-to-date information. Please note that health and safety measures, policies and operational guidelines are subject to change.
This fall, the decorations on Main Street, U.S.A., will receive a magical transformation for the event nights in October as “The World’s Most Magical Celebration” begins. Walt Disney Imagineering, in partnership with the Walt Disney World Resort Holiday Services team, will blend a fall look with the enchanting story of Cinderella by creating special pumpkin coach decorations that will add to the park’s sparkling EARidescence during this magical time.
Tickets for this hauntingly fun-filled three-hour event will go on sale June 15 and can be purchased online or by calling 407-939-4240. Guests of select Walt Disney World Resort hotels can book their tickets as early as June 8. Tickets start at $129 – $139, plus tax for August/September nights and $159 – $169, plus tax for October nights, and $199, plus tax for Halloween. Annual Passholders and Disney Vacation Club Members can take advantage of a $10 discount for event nights in August and September. A limited number of tickets are available, so get yours soon!
Here are the dates for “Disney After Hours Boo Bash”:
- Tuesday, Aug. 10, 2021
- Tuesday, Aug. 17, 2021
- Friday, Aug. 20, 2021
- Tuesday, Aug. 24, 2021
- Friday, Aug. 27, 2021
- Tuesday, Aug. 31, 2021
- Friday, Sept. 3, 2021
- Tuesday, Sept. 7, 2021
- Friday, Sept. 10, 2021
- Tuesday, Sept. 14, 2021
- Friday, Sept. 17, 2021
- Tuesday, Sept. 21, 2021
- Friday, Sept. 24, 2021
- Tuesday, Oct. 5, 2021
- Friday, Oct. 8, 2021
- Tuesday, Oct. 12, 2021
For more information and to book your tickets for “Disney After Hours Boo Bash,” click here. You can also call 407-939-4240.
*Some event nights in August and September will be from 9:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m.
**This item will be on sale outside event hours Oct. 1 to Nov. 1.