On the 11th day of holiday baking, For Love of The Mouse gave to me, Magic Bars just like you can find in Disney.
We’re back with day 11 of 12 days of holiday baking. Wow! 11 days down already. It’s been such a blast sharing memories of holiday baking with you and sharing some fun and delicious recipies too! Thanks for being here. If you like baking, especially holiday baking you have come to the right place. If you want to do a fun bake with me check out our vlog to go with this blog over on our YouTube channel.Jump to Recipe
Growing up, my Grandma always was in charge of baking. We would go to her house and in her small kitchen, we would bake dozens of delicious cookies. The whole house would smell like ginger and molasses and baking and the holidays.
My Grandpa would spend the day, as he did many days in his wood working shop and also in the basement where he would make fudge and brittle.
This is nothing like that.
But, it’s a simple holiday recipe and it’s baking and it brings back those fond memories.
These magic bars are incredibly simple and incredibly sweet. This is a version of the sweet treat found at Roaring Fork at Wilderness Lodge in Walt Disney World.
Let’s get started.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 13×9 inch glass pan thoroughly with baking spray including the sides.
In a food processor, blend graham crackers slowly add melted butter until combined. If you don’t have a food processor, put your graham crackers in a gallon bag and using a mallet crush them up. Once completely crushed, put in a bowl and stir in melted butter until completely incorporated.
Pour graham cracker mixture into pan and press into bottom of pan to form a crust. Next, pour the entire can of sweetened condensed milk over the crust and spread evenly using a spatula.
Sprinkle chocolate chips and butterscotch chips evenly over the sweetened condensed milk.
Add coconut flakes and nuts on top.
Bake for 30 minutes or until the edges start to brown.
Remove from oven and let cool for five minutes.
Add sprinkles. I found these great Mickey inspired sprinkles on Sprinklepop.com. They have a ton of fun sprinkles including different color combinations and holiday sprinkles.
Cut into bars.
That’s it! Just like magic; they’re done. These are simple and definitely customizable. For example for Valentines Day maybe some cherry chips and dark chocolate chips.
- 2 Cups Graham Crackers Crushed
- 3/4 Cup Butter Melted
- 14 Ounce Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 3/4 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 3/4 Cup Butterscotch Chips
- 1 Cup Chopped Nuts We Used Pecans
- 1/2 Cup Sweetened Coconut Flakes
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 13×9 inch glass pan thoroughly with baking spray including the sides.
- In a food processor, blend graham crackers slowly add melted butter until combined.
- Pour graham cracker mixture into pan and press into bottom of pan to form a crust.
- Pour entire can of sweetened condensed milk over crust and spread evenly using a spatula.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips and butterscotch chips evenly over the milk.
- Add coconut flakes and nuts on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes to until the edges start to brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool for five minutes.
- Add sprinkles.
- Cut into bars.
Stay tuned because we have another fun holiday baking ideas coming your way and be sure to check out the ten recipes before this one!