Hollywood Studios newest attraction Rise of the Resistance in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is coming up on its one year anniversary. Since the opening of the ride, a virtual queue system has been used to distribute “wait times” and allow guests to enjoy their day without waiting in a line… (cough cough 8 to 10 hours for a certain bicycle attraction).
With the new rules in place for parks following the extended closure for COVID-19, and the incredible popularity of the attraction, Disney is changing it up.
Beginning November 3, 2020 Disney will implement a new approach for the Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance virtual queue.
Here’s the new deal straight from Disney Parks Blog:
- Guests with a valid ticket or annual pass and a Disney Park Pass reservation for Disney’s Hollywood Studios will be able to access the virtual queue system and check for an available boarding group starting at 7 a.m. on the day of their park reservation. This can be done before you leave your Disney resort hotel, or wherever else nearby you might be at that time.
- Just as we do today, the virtual queue will reopen daily at 2 p.m. for anyone who wasn’t already able to join a boarding group earlier in the day. Note: Guests must be inside Disney’s Hollywood Studios to access this second virtual queue opportunity, and access to a boarding group is subject to availability and not guaranteed.
With this new approach, guests won’t need to be physically IN the park in order to receive a boarding group for the 7 a.m. dispersement. HOWEVER, guests will need to be inside the park in order to try to get a 2 p.m. boarding group.
In addition, new enhancements have been made to the ride vehicles and the attraction itself to allow more guests to enjoy the attraction.
Clear barriers have been added between the two rows of seats on each First Order Fleet Transport vehicle inside the attraction in order to accomodate additional guests in each vehicle.
The attraction’s virtual queue is only accessible via the My Disney Experience mobile app. To maximize your opportunity to secure a boarding group, here are some tips we recommend you check off your list prior to your day at the park:
- Register an account in My Disney Experience
- Download the My Disney Experience mobile app on your smart device or ensure you’re using the most updated version of the app before you arrive at the park.
- Link and assign all park tickets in your party to a My Disney Experience account
- Have a valid Disney Park Pass reservation for Disney’s Hollywood Studios for the day you’re visiting
- Select one member of your party to access the virtual queue for everyone in your group; if multiple people in your party try to join the virtual queue simultaneously, that may complicate your ability to secure a boarding group
- Remember, virtual queue boarding groups are limited and subject to availability
For more information on booking your next Walt Disney World vacation visit the Walt Disney World website.