This delicious and addicting bread is chock full of nutritious zucchini…and chocolate. Something for everyone. You won’t be able to stop at one slice of this amazing treat.
This bread is so delicious. I don’t make it nearly as often as I should. It does take a bit of time for the entire process but well worth it.
This recipe is full of flavors and the the unique addition of coconut oil and coffee provide an extra layer of deliciousness you do not expect.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Melt coconut oil in small bowl. I use a micorwave and start with :30. Add an additional :10 until completely melted.
Using your mixer, cream coconut oil with both coconut (or granulated) sugar and brown sugar until fluffy.
Add eggs one at a time, mixing between each egg addition. Add vanilla, baking powder and salt. Mix well.
Sift flour and add in 1/2 cup increments to batter.
Shred zucchini and squeeze out some of the liquid using a cloth. You don’t want to completely dry out the zucchini just remove some of the liquid.
Mix in zucchini.
Next, add your hot coffee to the batter. Sift your cocoa powder and add that as well.
Gently stir in dark and semisweet chocolate chips.
Into 2 loaf pans, divide the batter evenly.
Sprinkle white chocolate chips over the top of each batter. Push the batter more to the sides of the pans and create something of a hollowed out center of each pan.
Allow the pans to rest for 10-15 minutes before baking.
Bake in 350 degree oven for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center of the bread.
Allow bread to cool no more than 10 or 15 minutes before turning pans out onto a rack.
Allow to cool completely before slicing.
This bread is delicious and perfect for anytime of year. Enjoy as a breakfast, snack or even a dessert. We love this recipe and hope you do too!
Triple Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- 1 cup Coconut Oil Melted
- 1 cup Coconut sugar Can sub regular granulated sugar
- 1 cup Brown sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 3 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour Sifted
- 3 cup Zucchini
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup brewed hot coffee
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Spray two 9"x5"x3" loaf pans with baking spray
- Cream coconut oil and sugars together until fluffy (can also use butter but coconut oil gives it a delicious twist)
- Add eggs one at a time until each is fully incorporated
- Add vanilla, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt.
- Mix in flour
- Add Zucchini (do not completely squeeze the zucchini dry, you want a little moisture)
- Add coffee and cocoa powder
- Stir in semi sweet and dark chocolate chips until combined
- Divide batter evenly between greased loaf pans. Spread evenly.
- Sprinkle tops of each pan with white chocolate chips
- Allow pans to sit for 10-15 minutes before baking
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick comes clean from center.
- Cool for 15-20 minutes