The Classic Hollywood Brown Derby cobb salad is famous. But, if you can’t make it to Disney, we have it for you to make at home!
Bring a little bit of Disney home with this perfect cobb salad recipe. The cobb salad from the Hollywood Brown Derby is based off. Legend has it that in 1937, at the original Hollywood Brown Derby restaurant, ownder Robert Howard Cobb was hungry late at night and threw together this salad with the restaurants signature French dressing and voila! The cobb salad was born.Jump to Recipe
Although Walt Disney World has reopened, many of us aren’t able to get there anytime soon. In the meantime, whip up this delicious recipe for the Hollywood Brown Derby cobb salad and be transported to the most magical place on earth.
Related: Weekly Vlog #3, Hollywood Brown Derby Cobb, Barbecue with Dear Friends, Disney Trip Planning
We love this salad. It’s pricey even by Disney standards but it truly is delicious. The salad is available for lunch and for dinner at Hollywood Brown Derby at Hollywood Studios.
The restaurant is located just past Hollywood Blvd which is the main drag at Hollywood Studios that leads to Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway and Mann’s Chinese Theater.
There is a patio where guests can sit and people watch and order drinks and small plates. We don’t recommned the smaller version of the cobb that you can get here. It is not worth the price and is not filling. The larger version however, is absolutely delicious. Highly recommend.
You can also order a split cobb or the smaller cobb as an appetizer which is a great option to try this classic.
Other recommendations from the Hollywood Brown Derby include the
Grilled Wagyu Beef Burger and the famous Grapefruit Cake. You don’t want to miss Hollywood Brown Derby at Hollywood Studios.
But, if you can’t make it to Disney or Hollywood Studios, make this delectable classic at home.
Let’s get started.
Start by grilling your chicken. We marinated ours with the Stubbs Citrus and Onion Chicken Marinade and it added an amazing freshness to the chicken. We used thighs because we prefer the moist thighs to breasts but you can use whatever you have on hand or prefer.
We are going to arrange ingredients in a line across top of lettuce in bowls. From right to left arrange ingredients as follows: roquefort cheese, bacon, avocado, turkey/chicken or both, egg, tomato. Last but not least, take your chives and arrange in a diagonal line across the top of the other ingredients.
Take your dressing ingredients, combine one more time to ensure all flavors have blended and either serve on the side or top your salad with the dressing.
Voila! There you have it! The classic Hollywood Derby Cobb Salad at home.
Hollywood Brown Derby Cobb Salad
- 1 head shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 head shredded Romain lettuce
- 4 tbsp minced chives
- 5 hardboiled eggs diced smll
- 2 avocado diced small
- 3/4 cup roquefort cheese blue cheese
- 8 strips bacon crisp diced small
- 5 grilled chicken thighs diced small
- 4 tomatoes diced small
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- 1.5 tsp pepper
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp sugar
- Chop or finely dice all salad ingredients. You want them to be dicd incredibly small. That's the key to this particular cobb salad.
- Make salad dressing. Either in food processor, in mason jar or with whisk, combine all dressing ingredients and blend, shake or whisk until completely combined. Refrigerate.
- Arrange finely chopped lettuces in salad bowls
- Arrange ingredients in a line across top of lettuce in bowls. From right to left arrange ingredients as follows: roquefort cheese, bacon, avocado, turkey/chicken or both, egg, tomato.
- Arrange chopped chives in a diagonal across the top of the other ingredients.
- Shake or stir dressing to re-combine. Top or serve on side.
*Blog post contains affiliate links