Walt Disney World Expands Temperature Screenings to Resort Restaurants
Walt Disney world dining websites have been modified to include the following message in regards to health and safety protocols at Walt Disney World Resort restaurants.
Guests dining in table-service restaurants at Disney Resort hotels will undergo a temperature screening prior to entering the location. As with other locations at Walt Disney World Resort that require temperature screenings before entry, anyone displaying a temperature of 100.4 F or above will be directed to an additional rescreening. Those with temperatures 100.4 F or above will not be allowed entry; those in their party will not be allowed entry either.Disney
There is an extensive list of changes at Disney parks and resorts. That includes requirements for dining on Disney property. Character dining is temporarily canceled at all character dining locations with the exception of Topolino’s Terrace which will be offering a “modified” character dining experience.
Face coverings are REQUIRED for all guests age 2 and up, which must be worn in all public areas. This includes entering and exiting dining locations but excludes while seated at your table, eating and drinking.
A confirmed dining reservation is required for guests visiting the resort and is highly recommended for overnight and day guests.
Disney recommends guests download and utilize the My Disney Experience App your mobile device, with location services enabled.
Additionally, new health and safety measures have been implemented across Walt Disney World property.
- Enhanced Cleaning: We’ve increased cleaning in high-traffic areas such as public elevators and escalators, handrails, benches, tables, handles, restrooms and more. Additionally, seating areas, dining areas and pagers will be cleaned between Guests.
- Reduced-Contact Menus: Menus will be shared in ways to minimize contact. At quick-service restaurants, menus will be displayed on signage. And at table-service restaurants, you can scan a code with your mobile device to access the digital menu.
- Self-Serve Changes: Beverages and other items that were previously self-serve will instead be served by Cast Members.
Disney Has Worked To Enhance Technology To Make Dining Easy And Painless And Reduce Contact Upon Reopening. These Measures Include:
- Mobile Order Service: A time-saving feature of the My Disney Experience app, mobile order service enables you to order ahead at select dining locations and pick up food during a designated arrival window.
- Scannable Codes For Select Restaurant Menus: While at a table-service restaurant, you can use your own mobile device to scan a code for access to the digital menu.
Cashless Payments: At this time, it is recommended all Guests use cashless payment options, including debit cards, credit cards and Disney Gift Cards. Guests can also opt for contactless payment options—such as mobile wallets—or use cash to purchase a Disney Gift Card at Guest Relations and select merchandise locations. Disney Resort hotel Guests can also use MagicBands to charge their purchase to their Disney Resort hotel folio.
For even more information regarding all of the Changes to Disney Dining Experiences click HERE!
Stay tuned right here to For the Love of the Mouse for more information as it becomes available.
(Source Disney website)