Disney Has Altered The Timeline For Several Resort Reopenings Planning For The Next Few Months.
We previously reported in our Disney FAQ a list of Walt Disney World resorts and their opening dates.
Disney has now released an update to the previous timeline. Several reopening dates for resorts have changed. Here’s a look at the planned reopening timeline through November 1st:
- July 29: Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
- Aug. 24: Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
- Sept. 21: Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Oct. 4: Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort (delayed from August 12)
- Oct. 14: Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
- Nov. 1: Disney’s Art of Animation Resort (delayed from August 12)
Previously, Disney had both Disney’s Beach Club Resort and Disney’s BoardWalk Inn on this list. Both resorts have been removed and their timeline for reopening is unknown. Both resorts are currently available for stays through Disney Vacation Club only.
If you had a reservation scheduled at one of the resorts and your trip is affected, call Disney Resort Rservations at (407) 939-1936 as soon as possible.
Disney Has Increased Cleaning And Sanitation Practices And Procedures For All Guests At Disney Resort Hotels:
When you stay at a Disney Resort hotel, enjoy peace of mind knowing that your room will be thoroughly cleaned prior to your arrival and serviced during your stay. Plus, common areas will receive enhanced cleaning.
We’ve increased cleaning in high-traffic areas such as public elevators and escalators, handrails, benches, tables, handles, restrooms and more.
Prior to your arrival, your room will undergo thorough cleaning—with attention to:
- High-touch areas, like TV remotes and door handles
- Housekeeping tools will be cleaned between rooms
- Floors, which will be steam cleaned and vacuumed between Guests
Inside your room, you’ll find:
- Extra linens and towels wrapped in single-use packaging
- Individually wrapped glassware
- Double-cased pillows
- Additional items that have been cleaned and wrapped in single-use packaging
And during your stay, your room will receive a light cleaning service every other day, which will include:
- Removal of trash and used towels
- Replenishment of towels and amenities throughout the room and bathroom
- Wiping and cleaning of the vanity and counter surfaces
- Vacuuming if needed
You can also decline every-other-day service.
Disney World Resort Service for Disney Vacation Club Members
- If you’re a Disney Vacation Club Member using your Membership to stay, you’ll receive service on the 4th and 8th days, unless you decline that service.
- If there is more than one room on your reservation and you choose to decline service, your selection will apply to all rooms on the reservation.
- We reserve the right to enter any room at a Disney Resort hotel for maintenance, safety, security or any other purpose, even if the Room Occupied sign is displayed on the room door. View Walt Disney World Resort Property Rules.
If you are planning a stay at Walt Disney World or a visit to the parks, be sure to check out our post, The Truth About Disney and Coronavirus.