Official Return Dates for Several Walt Disney World Transportation Options
We reported last week that several Disney transportion options would be returning when the parks and resorts were reopened. We have some updated information.
Disney has announced that the Disney Skyliner will reopen on July 15. The Disney Skyliner is a state-of-the-art gondola system that allows guests a direct transportation option around Walt Disney World. Travel is available from Disney’s Hollywood Studios and International Gateway at Epcot to the following Walt Disney World Resort hotels: Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort, Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, Disney’s Pop Century Resort and the brand new, Disney’s Riviera Resort.
We have additional information straight from the Mouse himself regarding several other transportation around Walt Disney World property.
Disney has officially confirmed when Walt Disney World Resort transportation will be running again.
- Buses: June 22
- Monorail and Ferry Boats: July 7
- Skyliner: July 15
- No dates have been announced yet for the return of Minnie Vans and watercraft.
Previously, we reported additional Disney information regarding Walt Disney World transportation.
- Disney’s Magical Express® Service – Complimentary airport transportation via Disney’s Magical Express service will be available for guests arriving and departing from Orlando International Airport. To book the service contact your Travel Agent or Disney directly at 407.939.1936. Many airlines are also changing their flight schedules so definitely check before your trip to make sure your flights haven’t been impacted
- Walt Disney World Resort Buses – Bus transportation will still be available between your resort and Disney Springs. Buses will be on a reduced schedule and social distancing measures will be put into place.
- Minnie Van Service – This private shuttle service organized through LYFT Minnie Van will not be available during the initial reopening period.
- Parking – Self-parking will be available. There will be NO Valet service (with the exception of Guests with disabilities who may require parking assistance.) Parking fees apply for Disney Resort hotel Guests.
- Water Transportation – Disney has not made any official announcement on water transportation at the time of publishing.
We have a full list of Disney transportation options that will and won’t be available on our blog post 10 FAQ’s For Walt Disney World Reopening.
Stay tuned for more information as it becomes available.