Play by Play of All The Exciting Things Happening at Walt Disney World This Week And Beyond
After more than 100 days with the doors to the magic closed, Disney has begun the process of reopening. On June 22, select Walt Disney World resorts reopened to guests.
Now, Disney is moving forward with the next phases of their reopening plans and we have it all covered for you.
Let’s get started.
Tuesday, July 7th
- Cast Member Previews Begin – Magic Kingdom and Disney’s Animal Kingdom previews begin on Tuesday, July 7th.
- The NBA Players and Staff Arrive on Disney Property – NBA players, staff, and coaches start to arrive at select Walt Disney World hotels. July 30 marks the restart of the NBA season taking place at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex.
- Monorail and Ferry Boats Reopen – Disney has announced when several transportation options will reopen. For more information on what will reopen and when click HERE!
Wednesday, July 8th
- Major League Soccer – is back at the ESPN Wide World of Sports complex. The tournament will run from July 8th to August 11th.
- Second day of Castmember previews – Magic Kingdom and Disney’s Animal Kingdom open to castmembers for a second day.
Thursday, July 9th
- Annual Passholder Previews – Magic Kingdom and Disney’s Animal Kingdom parks will begin Annual Passholder (AP) previews. Preview slots opened up last week and sold out within minutes. This marks the first time guests have been allowed at theme parks since Disney shuttered back in March.
Friday, July 10th
- Annual Passholder Previews Continue – AP’s continue preview days at both Magic Kingdom and Disney’s Animal Kingdom. There will be no previews for Disney’s other two theme parks, Hollywood Studios and EPCOT for AP’s.
- Disney Springs Splitsville Reopens at Disney Springs
- Two More Walt Disney World Resorts Reopen – Disney’s Pop Century Resort and Disney’s Contemporary Resort reopen to guests.
Saturday, July 11th
- Magic Kingdom and Disney’s Animal Kingdom Reopen to Guests – Disney’s first two parks reopen to the public. Guests entering the parks must have a valid theme park reservation in order to pass through the magical gates. If you are looking to visit a Walt Disney World theme park, visit the Walt Disney World website to learn more and book your reservation.
Wednesday, July 15th
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios and EPCOT Reopen to Guests – This marks the first time since mid-March that all Disney World theme parks are open to guests. As with Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom, reservations are required. If you are looking to visit a Walt Disney World theme park, visit the Walt Disney World website to learn more and book your reservation.
- Disney’s Skyliner Reopens – The Disney Skyliner is a state-of-the-art gondola system that allows guests a direct transportation option around Walt Disney World. Travel is available from Disney’s Hollywood Studios and International Gateway at Epcot to the following Walt Disney World Resort hotels: Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort, Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, Disney’s Pop Century Resort and the brand new, Disney’s Riviera Resort.
For more information on what you need to know if you are planning to head to Walt Disney World check out our FAQ.