Welcome to For Love of the Mouse. We are so excited that you stopped by. On our blog, we cover all things Disney and beyond. Come for the Disney, stay for the lifestyle, health, beauty and more! Be sure to follow us on Instagram at ForLoveOfMouse, on Facebook at For The Love of The Mouse and on YouTube at For Love of The Mouse. Let’s get started!
Are you planning a trip to Walt Disney World? Disney recently announced that select Walt Disney World resorts would reopen on June 22 and that Disney World theme parks would begin a phased reopening on July 11.
There are a number of changes, some temporary and some that could stick around long-term to increase social distancing and reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19. If you are planning on staying at a Walt Disney World resort or entering resort property,
Be sure to check out part 1 of this series, What You Need to Know Before You go.
Changes to Disney Resort Guest Benefits and Amenities:
Disney’s Magical Express® Service
Complimentary airport transportation via Disney’s Magical Express service will be available for Guests arriving and departing from Orlando International Airport.
Many airlines have modified their flight schedules, so please confirm your flight information. If you plan to use Disney’s Magical Express service, contact your room reservation booking agent, or call (407) 939-1936 to make any updates to your flight information on file.
As a result of the COVID-19 impact, FastPass+ service will be suspended for the time being as we plan to use additional queue space to manage capacity for attractions and maintain physical distancing. With that in mind, access to FastPass+ planning is temporarily unavailable. We will share updates at a later date. Disney has canceled all FastFass reservations made for guests currently booked at Walt Disney World. For more information on this click HERE!
Extra Magic Hours
Disney has implemented a reservations only system for all parks and has sustended The Extra Magic Hours benefit until further notice.
Several Disney Resort Services and Experiences are Temporarily Unavailable From the Time of Reopening Until Futher Notice:
- Character experiences
- Dog parks
- Electrical Water Pageant
- Marina rentals
- Minnie Van Service
- Pin trading
- Spas, salons and Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
- Fireworks voyages and tasting cruises, including the Pirates and Pals Fireworks Voyage
- Fun runs
- Wonderland Tea Party at Park Fare
- Hula lessons
- In-room childcare services
- Mermaid school
- Special classes and programs—including culinary, cultural and animal programs
Some resort services have been altered temporarily and those include:
- Bell Services will deliver luggage to rooms, but will not escort Guests
- Club-level service will be temporarily unavailable
- Deliveries will only be made to occupied rooms
- In-room celebrations will not be available
- Dry-cleaning and valet laundry services will be temporarily unavailable; self-service laundry will remain available
- Shipping services will be temporarily unavailable
- Resort airline check-in service may be temporarily unavailable
Disney has Increased Cleaning and Sanitation practices and Procedures For All Guests at Disney Resort Hotels:
When you stay at a Disney Resort hotel, enjoy peace of mind knowing that your room will be thoroughly cleaned prior to your arrival and serviced during your stay. Plus, common areas will receive enhanced cleaning.
We’ve increased cleaning in high-traffic areas such as public elevators and escalators, handrails, benches, tables, handles, restrooms and more.
Prior to your arrival, your room will undergo thorough cleaning—with attention to:
- High-touch areas, like TV remotes and door handles
- Housekeeping tools will be cleaned between rooms
- Floors, which will be steam cleaned and vacuumed between Guests
Inside your room, you’ll find:
- Extra linens and towels wrapped in single-use packaging
- Individually wrapped glassware
- Double-cased pillows
- Additional items that have been cleaned and wrapped in single-use packaging
And during your stay, your room will receive a light cleaning service every other day, which will include:
- Removal of trash and used towels
- Replenishment of towels and amenities throughout the room and bathroom
- Wiping and cleaning of the vanity and counter surfaces
- Vacuuming if needed
You can also decline every-other-day service.
Please note that:
- If you’re a Disney Vacation Club Member using your Membership to stay, you’ll receive service on the 4th and 8th days, unless you decline that service.
- If there is more than one room on your reservation and you choose to decline service, your selection will apply to all rooms on the reservation.
- We reserve the right to enter any room at a Disney Resort hotel for maintenance, safety, security or any other purpose, even if the Room Occupied sign is displayed on the room door. View Walt Disney World Resort Property Rules.
Changes to Disney Complimentary Resort Transportation and Resort Parking:
Before the theme parks reopen, bus transportation will be available between your Disney Resort hotel and Disney Springs area.
When the theme parks reopen, complimentary transportation will also be provided between your Disney Resort hotel and Disney theme parks.
Transportation will operate with physical distancing measures in place, reducing capacity. As a result, you may experience delays.
Self-parking will be available. Valet service is temporarily unavailable, with the exception of Guests with disabilities who may require parking assistance. A valid disability parking permit is required. Parking fees apply for Disney Resort hotel Guests.
Changes to Walt Disney World Resort Pools, Fitness Center, Sports and Recreation Areas:
- Feature pools may operate with reduced hours; leisure pools will be open 24 hours a day
- Pools will operate with reduced capacity to allow for physical distancing
- Select poolside activities may be available at select Resort hotels
- Stormalong Bay at Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resorts will not be available during the initial reopening period; Guests of this Disney Resort hotel may enjoy the leisure pool at Disney’s Beach Club Villas
- Fitness centers will open in alignment with state and county regulations, and may have reduced hours
- Fitness centers may have reduced hours and capacity
- Instructor-led fitness classes will not be available
- Fitness and sports courts will be open, and Guests must maintain physical distancing
- Activities and schedules will vary. The schedule of activities for your Disney Resort hotel will be shared during your stay.
Changes to Walt Disney World Merchanise and Merchandise Locations:
- New Product Launches: New collection product launches and limited-edition merchandise will not be available for in-person purchases at Walt Disney World Resort until further notice. As always, Guests can find these items on shopDisney, subject to availability.
- Pin Trading: We will continue to offer Guests the opportunity to pin trade with Cast Members through the use of pin boards in select locations. Cast pin trading with lanyards will not be available at this time to maintain physical distancing.
- Delivery Option: Package delivery to the front of our theme parks or to Disney Resort hotels will be suspended. However, shipping merchandise to Guests’ homes continues to be available.
- Dressing Rooms: For the time being, dressing rooms will not be available.
- Returns: In-person returns will be available upon the reopening of our merchandise locations.
Additional Resort Information:
- Automatic Checkout: On your scheduled checkout day, you’ll be automatically checked out of your room—so you don’t have to visit the Front Desk (unless you have unresolved charges to your Disney Resort hotel folio).
- Virtual Chat With a Resort Cast Member: Beginning June 22, you can chat with a Resort Cast Member via the My Disney Experience app for assistance during your stay. This new feature will offer convenient support nearly anytime—so there’s no need to visit the Lobby or stand in line.
We outlined all of the changes to Walt Disney World property dining and you can access all of that information on a comprehensive blog post HERE!
Thank you for stopping by and for the love of the mouse, never forget, that it all started with a mouse.