Welcome to For Love of the Mouse. We are so excited that you stopped by. On our blog, we cover all things Disney and beyond. Come for the Disney, stay for the lifestyle, health, beauty and more! Be sure to follow us on Instagram at ForLoveOfMouse, on Facebook at For The Love of The Mouse and on YouTube at For Love of The Mouse. Let’s get started!
Disney has announced that some Disney resorts will open to guests on June 22. Walt Disney World parks will being a phased reopening on July 11. Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom will be the first to open followed by Epcot and Hollywood Studios on July 15.
For more information on the changes coming to Disney parks upon reopening click HERE!
There is an extensive list of changes coming to Disney parks and resorts and that includes requirements for dining on Disney property. Character dining is temporarily canceled at all character dining locations with the exception of Topolino’s Terrace which will be offering a “modified” character dining experience.
Face coverings will be REQUIRED for all guests age 2 and up, which must be worn in all public areas. This includes entering and exiting dining locations but excludes while seated at your table, eating and drinking.
A confirmed dining reservation is required for guests visiting the resort and is highly recommended for overnight guests.
Disney recommends guests download and utilize the Also, it’s highly recommended to have: My Disney Experience app on your mobile device, with location services enabled
Disney is also recommending that guests use a cashless form of payment.
New health and sanitary measures have been implemented across the entirety of Walt Disney World Resort including the dining locations to promote health and hygiene, include:
- Enhanced Cleaning: We’ve increased cleaning in high-traffic areas such as public elevators and escalators, handrails, benches, tables, handles, restrooms and more. Additionally, seating areas, dining areas and pagers will be cleaned between Guests.
- Reduced-Contact Menus: Menus will be shared in ways to minimize contact. At quick-service restaurants, menus will be displayed on signage. And at table-service restaurants, you can scan a code with your mobile device to access the digital menu.
- Self-Serve Changes: Beverages and other items that were previously self-serve will instead be served by Cast Members.
Disney has worked to enhance technology to make dining easy and painless and reduce contact upon reopening. These measures include:
- Mobile Order Service: A time-saving feature of the My Disney Experience app, mobile order service enables you to order ahead at select dining locations and pick up food during a designated arrival window.
- Scannable Codes for Select Restaurant Menus: While at a table-service restaurant, you can use your own mobile device to scan a code for access to the digital menu.
Cashless Payments: At this time, it is recommended all Guests use cashless payment options, including debit cards, credit cards and Disney Gift Cards. Guests can also opt for contactless payment options—such as mobile wallets—or use cash to purchase a Disney Gift Card at Guest Relations and select merchandise locations. Disney Resort hotel Guests can also use MagicBands to charge their purchase to their Disney Resort hotel folio.
There are some additional changes being made to Disney Dining experiences at least temporarily as the company works to reopen the parks and resorts to guests following Coronavirus. These changes include:
- Menu items may vary. For specific menu information, check the restaurant’s online menu when the restaurant reopens.
- Character Dining will not be offered during the initial reopening, with the exception of a modified Character Dining experience at Topolino’s Terrace – Flavors of the Riviera.
- Dinner shows will not be offered during the initial reopening.
- Dining locations will be limited in capacity. Some locations will remain temporarily closed.
- Private dining and in-room delivery will not be offered during the initial reopening window.
- Mobile order service will be offered at select quick-service dining locations throughout the Walt Disney World theme parks (when open), Disney Springs and select Disney Resort hotels.
Disney has made some changes to guests making modifications, or canceling their dining reservations. Here are the changes that have been implemented at least temporaily:
We understand how much excitement, thought and time goes into planning your visits to Walt Disney World Resort and realize some of these changes may be disappointing. Please know we will be here to help you, as our Cast remains focused on delivering magical experiences and incredible storytelling for everyone who visits.
- All pre-paid dining and experience reservations impacted by the closure will be automatically refunded.
- Reservations made at locations impacted by the closure will not be charged a cancellation or no-show fee.
- We have made the difficult decision to cancel and temporarily no longer offer Disney dining plans. If you have an existing Resort package with a Disney dining plan, we will update your reservation to reflect the removal of the dining plan from your package. The package price will be adjusted accordingly. You will receive a refund if you have already paid in full or a reduction in amount due if you have not yet made final payment.
Here is a complete list of resort restaurants that Disney announced will open on June 22:
Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- The Wave… of American Flavors
- The Wave Lounge
- Contempo Café
- Cove Bar
Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Whispering Canyon Cafe
- Roaring Fork
Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Whispering Canyon Cafe
- Roaring Fork
- Geyser Point Bar & Grill
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village
- Kidani Breakfast at Sanaa
- Sanaa Lounge
- Maji Pool Bar
Disney’s Beach Club Villas
- Beaches & Cream Soda Shop
- Beach Club Marketplace
- Martha’s Vineyard
Disney’s BoardWalk Villas
- Trattoria al Forno (this excludes Character Dining, which is temporarily unavailable)
- Pizza Window
- BoardWalk Bakery
- Leaping Horse Libations
Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
- P&J’s Southern Takeout
- Meadow Snack Bar
- Crockett’s Tavern
Disney’s Old Key West Resort
- Olivia’s Café
- Good’s Food to Go
- Gurgling Suitcase
Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows
- Kona Cafe
- Capt. Cook’s
- Pineapple Lanai
- Barefoot Pool Bar
Disney’s Riviera Resort
- Topolino’s Terrace – Flavors of the Riviera (please note that the Character Dining experience will be modified)
- Primo Piatto
- Le Petit Café
- Bar Riva
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort
- The Artist’s Palette
- The Paddock Grill
- On the Rocks Pool Bar
The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort
- Grand Floridian Cafe
- Gasparilla Island Grill
- Enchanted Rose
- Beaches Pool Bar & Grill
We know this is a lot of information. We want to keep you informed. All of the information in this post is provided directly from The Walt Disney Company. For more on changes that are being implemented at least temporarily as Disney works to reopen Walt Disney World Resort click HERE!
Thank you for stopping by and for the love of the mouse, never forget, that it all started with a mouse.