Welcome to For Love of the Mouse. We are so excited that you stopped by. On our blog, we cover all things Disney and beyond. Come for the Disney, stay for the lifestyle, health, beauty and more! Be sure to follow us on Instagram at ForLoveOfMouse, on Facebook at For The Love of The Mouse and on YouTube at For Love of The Mouse. Let’s get started!
- Magical Express is Magical
Disney’s Magical Express is Disney’s complimentary transportation from Orlando International Airport to each and every Walt Disney Resort available to all resort guests but yes, you must be staying on Walt Disney World property.
One thing we didn’t realize was confusing but have come across a number of people who didn’t know was the yellow tags. Put the yellow tags on prior to arriving at the airport. Check your luggage as you normally would and you won’t see your yellow tagged luggage again until it is delivered to your resort.
You don’t go to baggage claim. Skip it, walk right on by and head straight to Magical Express. Disney castmembers will find your yellow tagged luggage and they will take it directly to your resort and put it in your room. It usually takes about 4 hours for your luggage to arrive but it is one of our favorite things about Magical Express.
Magical Express is so awesome that we have an entire blog post dedicated to it. Check it out HERE
2. Grocery Delivery
Yep, that’s right. You can get grocery’s delivered right to your resort. For large families or groups looking to save some money ont hose expensive park snacks, this is a great idea.
There are a number of local and national stores or retailers who will deliver right to your resort. Here are a few:
- Garden Grocer
- Amazon Prime Now
- Dizzy Dolphin Delivery
- Gooding’s Supermarket
- Walmart Grocery Delivery
3. You Don’t Have to go to The Parks Everyday
There is so much to do around Disney that doesn’t actually involve a theme park. We aren’t saying that you shouldn’t get yourself to each park because they are, of course, amazing, but there are a lot of things you can do in Disney that don’t involve a theme park ticket. Here are a few ideas:
- Minature Golf
- Disney has two miniature golf courses that are on Walt Disney World property. Both come with amazing Disney theming and tons of fun for the whole family.
- Disney Springs
- Shopping, dining entertainment, Disney Springs has it all and is the perfect place to visit especially for some amazing dining experiences.
- Resort Hopping
- Disney resorts are amazing. There are fun activities, entertainment, plenty to see and do. Resorts can be a theme park all themselves. Hop over to Port Orleans French Quarter for some beignets and live music, head over to Wilderness Lodge to watch the geyser, take in some amazing piano playing at the Grand Floridian. Many resorts offer movies under the stars, marshmallow roasting, scavenger hunts and more. Take in some amazing safari animals or just kick back and relax in a rocking chair. You will be amazed at the level of theming.
4. You Don’t Have to Get The Most Expensive Thing on The Menu if You Are on The Disney Dining Plan
Sounds crazy right? Especially when there are hundreds of blog posts and vlogs telling you different but you can actually order whatever you want and not necessarily the most expensive thing on the menu and you might be happier because you ordered what you were hankering for and not what you thought you were “supposed” to get. That’s not to say that you shouldn’t get the most expensive item if that is what you want to do but most likely, it will all come out in the wash at the end of the day and we recommend getting what you are wanting.
5. The App is Your Best Friend
The My Disney Experience app is the way to succeed in Walt Disney World especially when staying on property. Everything you need to make the most out of your Walt Disney World vacation is at the tip of your fingers or on your wrist with your Magic Band.
When staying on property, guests can make dining reservations 180 prior to the first day of your vacation. Simply hop on your My Disney Experience account and book your dining for your whole party. Many of the more popular dining experiences such as Cinderella’s Royal Table, ‘Ohana and many of the character meals fill up quickly so put that 180 day mark on your calendar.
Guests staying on property can book Fastpass+ 60 days prior to the first day of your vacation and it works the same as your dining reservations, right on the app.
The app is also home to your plans, everything you have booked is right there on the app. Your room reservation, your dining experiences, your entertainment you have booked like a Luau for example will be on there, all your FastPasses are also right there on the app.
Those are just a few of our tips for Disney World and staying on property. So much convenience right at your fingertips.
Be sure to check out our blog post for our Top Money Saving Tips in Walt Disney World for more great info.
Thank you for stopping by and for the love of the mouse, never forget, that it all started with a mouse.