Welcome to For Love of the Mouse. We are so excited that you stopped by. On our blog, we cover all things Disney and beyond. Come for the Disney, stay for the lifestyle, health, beauty and more! Be sure to follow us on Instagram at ForLoveOfMouse, on Facebook at For The Love of The Mouse and on YouTube at For Love of The Mouse. Let’s get started!
We are full swing into Epcot’s festival season over in Walt Disney World and Disney has released some fun details regarding the 2020 Epcot International Festival of the Arts!
The festival begins on January 17 and is Epcot’s shortest festival at only 39 days ending on February 24, 2020.
This festival highlights not only the visual appeal of food and drink but is also incredibly interactive with a variety of photo opportunities, seminars, interactive classes and opportunities for guests.
Whether you are a bonafide artiste or major in stick figures, there is something for everyone at this festival for the eyes, ears and tastebuds.
For the ears we have the Disney on Broadway Concert Series. This fan favorite returns to America Gardens Theatre with three daily performances throughout the entire festival. The series is headlined by Broadway stars, back to reprise favorite songs from past performances in award-winning shows.
This year includes Kissy Simmons, who starred as Nala in “The Lion King,” and Kevin Massey of “Tarzan.” Here is the schedule Disney has released so far:
- 17, 20, 21, 24 and 25 – Kissy Simmons and Alton Fitzgerald White (“The Lion King”)
- 18, 19, 22, 23 and 25 – Heidi Blickenstaff (“The Little Mermaid”; “Freaky Friday”) and Gavin Lee (“Mary Poppins”)
- 25 – Special performance featuring Simmons, White, Blickenstaff and Lee
- 26, 28, 29; Kara Lindsay (“Newsies”) and Kevin Massey (“Tarzan”)
- 1, 2, 5, 6 and 9 – Kara Lindsay (“Newsies”) and Kevin Massey (“Tarzan”)
- 10, 12, 13, 18, 19, 22, 23 and 24 – Ashley Brown (“Mary Poppins”; “Beauty and the Beast”) and Josh Strickland (Tarzan)
Additional January and February performances still to be announced.
For the tastebuds we have the Food Studios where your tastebuds will delight in a variety of dishes that are bost tasty and visually appealing.
This year’s fesitval will be home to twelve festival food studios in addition to offerings at many Epcot staple snack locations.
Guests can also take part each and every during the festival of helping to create a new and vibant interactiev mural. Guests receive paint and specific numbers that match numbers on the mural. Once complete, guests can take in a large mural that is a compilation of thousands of budding artists.
Other activities include workshops, artful photo ops, art galleries and mesmerizing performance art like the daily Epcot Living Statues and Art Defying Gravityshows.
But wait there’s more! Check out some of the other opportunities available (some at an additional cost and some requiring advanced reservations).
- Indulge in new culinary fun at the Le Cellier Brunch in the Canada pavilion, a leisurely prix fixe bounty each Saturday and Sunday in the relaxing Canadian chateau. Reservations required.
- Explore the Green Landing Family Play Zone where Wall-E and Eve invite the entire family to enjoy a lush, green environment built for exploring.
- Jump into photo-ops located throughout Epcot, such as the Peter Pan Storybook installation by the United Kingdom pavilion where guests can flap their fins in Mermaid Lagoon or get their pirate on at Skull Rock.
- Grab a paintbrush and add color to a wall mural along World Showcase Plaza.
- Join Figment’s Brush with the Masters, a scavenger hunt where the friendly dragon has painted himself into famous pieces of art in each World Showcase pavilion.
- Marvel at and purchase works by Disney’s iconic artists in displays throughout World Showcase.
- Watch visiting artists as they create new pieces, from Disney-inspired works to creative art across diverse mediums.
- Create festival-inspired t-shirts and candles.
Stay tuned right here to For The Love of the Mouse as more information regarding this colorful festival is released by Disney.
Thank you for stopping by and for the love of the mouse, never forget, that it all started with a mouse.