Disneyland opened on July 17, 1955. There were fourteen attractions that opened along with the park. One of those attractions was Snow White’s Scary Adventures. This classic dark ride is a fan favorite but in 2020 this attraction will undergo a major refurbishment.
A building permit was filed by Disney with the city of Anaheim that laid out a $445,000 refurbishment for the attraction, this according to city records. Disney officials have confirmed the renovation for this classic attraction.
So, what’s in store? Let’s dive in to that.
- Crews will remove and replace show sets, props and scenes
- Install new structural beams
- Refurbish rock work
- Make electrical upgrades throughout the entire 6,200-square-foot attraction
- New projection platforms
Let’s back up for a second. New projection platforms indicate that Snow White’s adventures could see some upgraded effects and show scenes.
Other opening day Fantasyland attractions include, Peter Pan’s Flight, Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride, Mad Tea Party, King Arthur Carousel and Storybook Land Canal Boats. Many of these attractions have already received extensive refurbishments since 2002.
- King Arthur Carousel underwent an extensive year-long restoration project in 2002 and into 2003.
- Mad Tea Party saw the tea cups tightened in 2004 to reduce the spinning speed (which explained a lot during our recent Disneyland adventure where it was quite the task to get those babies spinning).
- Peter Pan’s Flight dark ride underwent a seven-month refurbishment in 2015.
- Not an opening attraction but 1958 Alice in Wonderland opened in 1958 and underwent a five-month refurbishment in 2014.
As for that West coast Disney park, Walt Disney World removed Snow White’s Scary Adventures dark ride in 2012 and replaced it with Princess Fairytale Hall which is a princess meet and greet area. In 2014, during a massive Fantasyland expansion project known as New Fantasyland, a new Snow White attraction was opened, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, an immensely popular roller coaster with state of the art and unique tilting vehicle that swings guests gently from side to side during the ride.
Exact dates for the refurbishment of Snow White’s Scary Adventures is unclear.
Thank you for stopping by and for the love of the mouse, never forget, that it all started with a mouse.